• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pine Log WMA IS Closed

So ya'll are mad that a PROPERTY OWNER didn't renew his lease with the GOVERNMENT so YOU could use the land HE owns?
Yup. You know statists rarely see their own hypocrisy. Statists gonna be statists regardless of their party affiliation.

I guess they’d be happy if the state just condemned the land or claimed Eminent Domain and just stole it from the owners…uh, I mean “appropriated it for the greater good.”

yeah, you hit the nail on the head.
Yup. You know statists rarely see their own hypocrisy. Statists gonna be statists regardless of their party affiliation.

I guess they’d be happy if the state just condemned the land or claimed Eminent Domain and just stole it from the owners…uh, I mean appropriated it.
We are officially in backwards world.

So ya'll are mad that a PROPERTY OWNER didn't renew his lease with the GOVERNMENT so YOU could use the land HE owns?

Every tax payer in Georgia has paid for the use of that property at the owners benefit for leasing it to be a WMA. They can do as they wish since it is their property but it’s not like it was private property before and the owner was reimbursed for use so that is the reason for a lot of disgruntled people. I’ve dove hunted on that property since I was 10 and have some really great memories from there sucks to lose that but I don’t have any ability to change that.

Late to the party, hate to interject deep thoughts,

The State of Georgia granted tax credits and financial support to a Rivian plant outside Madison Georgia. No one knows exactly how much, but it's tens of millions of dollars, if not hundreds of millions. The benefit to Georgia is that it will generate (hopefully) a few hundred high paying jobs.

The state annually grants tax credits to Hollywood and New York movie and TV production companies who hate everything about Georgia except the tax credits and the low cost labor. All the available research shows that these tax credits are a total loss to Georgia - there is not off setting investment to justify them. The legislature gets swept up in the glamour.

So here we have the state, with an opportunity to step up, and provide a legacy for for generations of ALL Georgians yet to come, and apparently it has dropped the ball.

As much as I love to hunt and fish, this property would be available to non-consumptive users. and God Bless them.

At the end of the day, you have to remember that our governor is a real estate agent/developer, with no real ties to the "sporting community".

Mt follow up to my above post (apparently I can't create a poll) if you, as a citizen of the State of Georgia, has to choose to millions of dollars to Rivian, a private company, and preserving Pine Log for generations of Georgians to come, where would you want your money to go?

Mt follow up to my above post (apparently I can't create a poll) if you, as a citizen of the State of Georgia, has to choose to millions of dollars to Rivian, a private company, and preserving Pine Log for generations of Georgians to come, where would you want your money to go?
I dedicated over 7 years of my career working for a national non profit whose sole mission is the preservation of green space for public use. Guess. 🙂

I would want my money going to preserving pine log wma

Was talking to Dnr guy other day , reference land I had saw that state had aqquired a tract near Dawson Forrest land at one time belonged temple inland 2500 acre calling it Cochran creek . Dnr person said only reason they picked it up some rare endangered plants had been found. I am sure on 15000 acres on Pine log some rare and threatened plants or critters could been found. Ga hasn’t done a good job in acquiring land for green space for wildlife & recreational use like other states . Example Michigan has 4 million plus acres just for that. Yes with that big surplus of cash ga could bought Pine log but leadership is all about growth in Ga . Bulldoze all trees put up a Parking lot

I dedicated over 7 years of my career working for a national non profit whose sole mission is the preservation of green space for public use. Guess. 🙂
I rather have green space I predict this battery powered technology want be sustainable. Plus a lot more toxic waste to be dealt with wind farms & Solar farms aren’t wildlife friendly either.

Back
Top Bottom