• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pine Log WMA IS Closed

Was talking to Dnr guy other day , reference land I had saw that state had aqquired a tract near Dawson Forrest land at one time belonged temple inland 2500 acre calling it Cochran creek . Dnr person said only reason they picked it up some rare endangered plants had been found. I am sure on 15000 acres on Pine log some rare and threatened plants or critters could been found. Ga hasn’t done a good job in acquiring land for green space for wildlife & recreational use like other states . Example Michigan has 4 million plus acres just for that. Yes with that big surplus of cash ga could bought Pine log but leadership is all about growth in Ga . Bulldoze all trees put up a Parking lot
Yeah they already found that stamp creek holds the endangered etowah darter. Also I’m pretty sure they found some plants that only grow there as well.

Yeah they already found that stamp creek holds the endangered etowah darter. Also I’m pretty sure they found some plants that only grow there as well.
Need be calling emailing your state Senator & Reps then. Like said before state ga dropped ball on acquiring more land for public use . They had add another big tract land to Wilson shoals WMA but they did do it

So ya'll are mad that a PROPERTY OWNER didn't renew his lease with the GOVERNMENT so YOU could use the land HE owns?
I have not read the lease, but my understanding from informed sources in a place to know say that the landowner retained all of the rights of a landowner. Some of the land was rented out for crops, hay; timber was cut, and so on.

Haven't checked but landowner probably had a conservation easement,, saving millions in taxes ( and what taxes he paid were probably paid by the state lease).

I'm not too much mad at the landowner, as I am the state that makes all these back door deal that never make the light of day, giving away hundreds of millions of tax dollars, but can't pony up the money to make a once in a generation deal like this.

Even Texas, where eminent domain is considered a curse word, has figured it out.

Texas execrise eminent domain to save state park,

I have not read the lease, but my understanding from informed sources in a place to know say that the landowner retained all of the rights of a landowner. Some of the land was rented out for crops, hay; timber was cut, and so on.

Haven't checked but landowner probably had a conservation easement,, saving millions in taxes ( and what taxes he paid were probably paid by the state lease).

I'm not too much mad at the landowner, as I am the state that makes all these back door deal that never make the light of day, giving away hundreds of millions of tax dollars, but can't pony up the money to make a once in a generation deal like this.

Even Texas, where eminent domain is considered a curse word, has figured it out.

You and I agree we need all green space can save from metro sprawl. The sprawl like cancer it keeps spreading on all corners of the compass from Atlanta.

Yes sir you are absolutely correct about the lease. It was not your typical lease, the owners definitely retained all their rights as a land owner. I agree 100 percent that the state really dropped the ball as well.

Back
Top Bottom