• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistol Primer Pockets.....

Primer Pockets Cleaned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What differences do you see between a clean primer pocket and a dirty one since it makes such a difference. Does it effect accuracy? Does it give a lower ES or SD? Does it cause the bullet to become a baby seeking bullet?

No difference whatsoever. I don't care how you do yours. I do it because it gives me a nice warm feeling and drives know it all folks nuts. Read my previous post. Are you just someone that has to be correct?

Last edited:
I enjoy a good laugh as well as anyone. "Baby seeking" just doesn't bring a smile to my face. Congratulations! You've made my ignore list with fewer post than anyone else.

Much sooner than even CCW. That's really making a splash here!

WOW! The ODT is a place to make friends not loose them!
Come on guys, just because someone takes what you would call "Extra Steps" in their reloading procedures isn't
worth arguing about, or loosing friendships over ...

BTW: I clean both my pistol and rifle primer pockets, because I believe that it helps with me being able to better
job of "feeling" when the primer pocket has expanded too much for further reloading of that particular cartridge.
Also, (and I cannot prove it) removal of the "crud" may actually lessen primer pocket "stretching"

That said, now to a really important question: "How many Angels can dance on the head of a pin?"
Hint: This very question resulted in numerous executions during the Inquisition and likely led to at least one war!

I use a progressive press for handgun practice rounds and do not clean the primer pockets. For hunting rounds, I clean the primer pockets or otherwise use new brass and clean the pockets for both rifle and handgun .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom