• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistols Cal .40 - Why They Are So Hated?

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
I do have one, and I love my Smith & Wesson .40 cal pistol. But I have noticed that almost in every post or add here at ODT, these cal .40 are treated as a "low class" kinda of firearms, Why??? . Some folks when they advertise their post, they even point out like this "please don't make any offer with your POS .40 or 12 ga".

I mean, what's going on here? Can any of you bring this up, so we ALL understand why you hate caliber .40 so much?

Cal .40.jpg

This doesn't answer his question, it's just nonsense.

So I also have a .40 and love it. It shoots straight as a string and has good punch. The main reason I've heard for not using it is because you can get more 9mm bullets in a gun than 40s, and if you're a weenie arm you might not be able to control it vs a 9mm "gangsta" pistol with less kick.

This doesn't answer his question, it's just nonsense.

So I also have a .40 and love it. It shoots straight as a string and has good punch. The main reason I've heard for not using it is because you can get more 9mm bullets in a gun than 40s, and if you're a weenie arm you might not be able to control it vs a 9mm "gangsta" pistol with less kick.
That's what I feel also with my .40, it kicks a little harder back, than a 9mm, but very accurate! (well, that's why ladies handguns are in 9mm, I think).... hahaha

Back
Top Bottom