• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Places for a beginner to go wheeling?

HVACGuy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
136   0
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm looking for a place to get my feet wet and do some 4 wheeling in my XJ. Just did the lift and made some enhancements, and I'm looking for a place that I can test it out, and figure out what I want to do to it next. Not really looking for a lot of mud, mostly some good trails with some obstacles, maybe something to try a little crawling.

I like to go to the Chattahoochee National Forest. Miles and miles of forest service roads to ride on. There aren't any crazy obstacles or mud and you probably wont use 4x4 unless you really try, but it's still fun. Georgia Jeepers and Georgia Jeep Alliance are good facebook groups and should have some good suggestions for places to go.

I like to go to the Chattahoochee National Forest. Miles and miles of forest service roads to ride on. There aren't any crazy obstacles or mud and you probably wont use 4x4 unless you really try, but it's still fun. Georgia Jeepers and Georgia Jeep Alliance are good facebook groups and should have some good suggestions for places to go.
Cool, thanks! I'm guessing it's a good place to make a weekend of to camp out as well?

There is some great camping out there. Tons of creeks and streams you can park your jeep next to or if you want to hike there is the A.T. and lots of other trails. If you do go out there, I recommend you get the National Geographic Springer and Cohutta Mtn. trails illustrated map or at least take a GPS. It's easy to get turned around in all the service roads if you aren't paying attention.

There is some great camping out there. Tons of creeks and streams you can park your jeep next to or if you want to hike there is the A.T. and lots of other trails. If you do go out there, I recommend you get the National Geographic Springer and Cohutta Mtn. trails illustrated map or at least take a GPS. It's easy to get turned around in all the service roads if you aren't paying attention.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom