• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont post anything for sale,but,if I did I dont do credit cards or anything of that sort. How would a person pay that money if they were like me and wanted to cell something?
taco daddy.jpg
:)

In an effort to get away from outside advertising (and to stay afloat :D ) I'm having to consider some very major changes to how the site raises money. In the past I've relied very heavily on outside ad networks to supply our ads to us, but in the last year the landscape has changed and a lot of gun forums are having a very rough go of it, including us.

One idea I am seriously considering is charging $1 a month to post ads in the classifieds for non-supporters and leave it free for supporters.

So for $1 a month you could post 5 listings per category per day (Just like it is now). Would also offer it for $10 a year if you didn't want to become a supporter and just wanted the classifieds, which would make it an even cheaper $0.83 per month.

Do you think this would kill the site? My opinion has always been that charging money would kill the site, but I feel like $1 a month for non-supporters is cheap enough that people wouldn't leave over it. If this change was enacted and we didn't lose any traffic I would be able to shut off outside ads. (which would be amazing and make the site run faster, we would never have malware or popups again and could remove all outside ad tracking)

I'd love to hear everyone's opinions, especially non-supporters. Any posts that "supporter shame" anyone will be removed to keep this on topic.

Thanks!
**** the poll. Charge them cheap bastards anyways.

I think this is what I'm going to try out starting May 1st:

Classifieds Options

Everyone receives 3 free listings every 30 days. If you would like to list more than that we have the following options:

$1 a month - Unlimited listings in the classifieds for $1 a month. Must pay through paypal. Cancel anytime.

$10 a year - Unlimited Listings in the classifieds for 12 months. Use any payment option listed below.​

$15 a year - Become a supporter! Unlimited listings for 12 months, custom user title, supporter icon under your name, and access to the “feed!” Multi-year discounts available. Use any payment option listed below.​

Payment Options

Instant Access:

Credit Card thru Paypal - No paypal account needed! You can pay with a credit or debit card without having an account.​

Other Options:

Credit Card - thru Square - If you prefer to not use paypal you can use this option. Your account will be granted access within a few hours of making payment.​

Check/Money Order - You can mail in a payment to the address listed below. Be sure to include your screen name on your payment. Use a money order and put your screen name on the memo line to remain anonymous.​

Quick Anonymous Options -

Cryptocurrency - Send $15 worth of the respective currency to the following addresses and then send a private message to Okuma Okuma so I can verify the payment and give access to your account. If you prefer a different currency let me know and I’ll send you an address. (addresses will be added later in final version)​

Amazon Gift Card - Go to the grocery store and purchase an Amazon gift card for the correct amount and then send the card info and your screen name to amazon@theoutdoorstrader.com. Your account will be granted access within a few hours of making payment.​

(Unlimited = the maximum allowed within the rules.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom