• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely rather have ads than have a subscription-based pricing model. I feel a lot of the people that post unique and somewhat rare items for sale would not be willing to pay as they post so infrequently. I would not mind paying myself since I post more than others. Maybe we should restrict the number of posts you can have running and make it where you have to pay to post say more than 3 at one time. That would supply additional revenue and not take away from the classified section as much. Just my two cents.

I’d pay the $1 for a month to post an ad when I’m trying to sell something. Sounds reasonable to me. To be honest, I’d probably just look into becoming a supporter. I never looked into how or how much is required. I just look at the ads and have sold a few (5-6) over the years. I’ve never really got into participating in the forum community stuff. And, I’m an original member here from when it changed to ODT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Its cheap....$12/yr or $1 to post ads for a month? That aint squat IMO.

I was involved in the early stages of a bar with live music every night. (i know....no comparison) but we decided to charge a $5 cover to “keep the riff-raff out” . It worked.

I think we get enough CL types as it is. Just my .02

Are you trying to turn a profit or really just stay afloat? None of my business but I’m sure at one time this site brought in a nice little cash flow for you. I’m not afraid to admit that i typically shy away from anything that i have to “pay to play”, cheap is an understatement when describing myself.

You’ve built something great here OS but is the sponsor money and supporter fees not enough to keep this place running? I also know it’s not cheap to run a site with this much traffic but at the same time I have no clue.

Are you trying to turn a profit or really just stay afloat? None of my business but I’m sure at one time this site brought in a nice little cash flow for you. I’m not afraid to admit that i typically shy away from anything that i have to “pay to play”, cheap is an understatement when describing myself.

You’ve built something great here OS but is the sponsor money and supporter fees not enough to keep this place running? I also know it’s not cheap to run a site with this much traffic but at the same time I have no clue.
I'm just trying to make a living is probably the best way to say it. I've never tried to get rich off the site but I do like not having to go work anywhere else. I drive a 2004 GMC Sierra with 200,000 miles on it and I have a boat I got from a salvage auction. Those are my assets but everyone thinks I'm a millionaire. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom