• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer it were free, who wouldn't?

With that said, I don't think it's a big ask for a trivial amount of money to give us an audience to sell to. I've done a number of transactions on GunBroker and that fee is painful. This site nor Steve owes any of us a thing. If he's looking to keep it afloat or get rich is his prerogative and right. None of us do a thing to make this site possible, and if he feels the revenue being generated from ads and supporter money is not sufficient, then he should seek other revenue streams.

In business you either sell more to make more money or charge more for what you sell currently.

$1 a month / $10 a year is very reasonable IMO.

To me this site is more than just a place to buy, sell or trade. It is a community of mostly like minded folks that believe in the Constitution and the fundamental beliefs that this country was founded on. If having a place like that is important to you then isn't it worth a few dollars per year to preserve it? That was and continues to be the main reason I became a supporter and will continue to be one.

At the risk of being called a subversive by a MOD or two, here are my thoughts. I don't like being required to pay to sell and voted accordingly. Allowing fees to be placed on selling items, opens up fees to be placed on other formerly free areas of the site. I do admit the amount is nominal, and most, if not all, members of the site can and will pay to place an ad. I believe the decision has already been made, but hey, that is me just being a subversive member. Will I pay to place an ad? Probably, but I don't sell often, mostly I buy.

Supporter status is a choice made by each member. I was a supporter, changed my mind, and will not be a supporter again. I will respect others who do not agree with my decision. I have read in several places, in this thread, that "non-supporters should be shamed". Not a good idea, but, go for it if you feel that strongly about being a supporter. I believe I can handle being shamed for being a non-supporter. I have put up with worse. lol

I would like Business Services ads be assigned to Business Services areas and not in open forum. Cat grooming, gun training, dog grooming, alternator service, window tinting, and all other services should not be in open forum but in a Business Service Ad area. That is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom