Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't paid more for it when it's so readily available, cheaper, in so many other places, no...

Take a Keltec Sub2k... Most LGS carry the popular carbine, today, for anywhere from $329-$399 all day long. And yet we have seen them for sale here, for up to $550. And the couple times I asked someone via PM what it comes with to justify a $200 markup,

It costs a lot of money to hire a lawyer to get that criminal record expunged.

Okuma, who started the thread is the owner!
Yes he is, was when I joined in October, 2010, and was the owner from the start. Yep, he is the owner. No questions about that.

The yes and no gap has increased to 8%. It is time to do the new poll I suggested.

aragon1, regardless of the outcome of this poll, or even the outcome of a new one, the issue is additional income. If the poll posted were three to one against, that does not solve the issue. I do not believe that the owner was pandering to get more supporters. Not at all. However, many non-supporters have now become supporters to help the site. My suggestion is just to make it a pay site period. Don't get caught up in the "pay site" part. Remember whether you pay to be a supporter or pay to post an ad, you are still paying. Making it a pay site could help in a lot of ways. If I had to chose between paying to place an ad or being a supporter.....either way I am paying. In the long run, it might just be the best option and would eliminate the supporter versus non-supporter nonsense. Everyone would be a supporter. The owner of this site will make the decision regardless of the votes against the change. I am open for change, I just want the change to be long term.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what all of these freeloaders are thinking anyhow! As there is an obvious cost factor involved in running and maintaining a website!

I believe that a charge of some amount is not unreasonable, but only you know what is reasonable or not.

Some of these folks seem to live on this website, and have more transactions than many have posts, yet they continue to be freeloaders!

Rolling the dice is only way to know, if they will stay or go!
They don't care, because just like in today's society, it's all about them..........

Seems that eBay,gunbroker,gunsamerica,etc are doing pretty good. You have to pay to play on all of them.

All of them are dominated by dealers. The little guy has been pushed out of the market.

I'm sort of repeating myself, but that's the charm and strength to me of this site. I see guns and other cr--, stuff that "people" have sitting around and want to move.

It's the odd stuff that attracts me, and dealers aren't going to carry that. Pick any sales forum, and cruise through it and you will see people with 1 and 2 feedback who have been members for years. Those guys aren't going to go to the trouble to send in a dollar to sell the pistol they've been keeping in the nightstand for the last 15 years. They will ask someone at work if he wants to buy it.

Most of this discussion has been directed at the 100 feedback guys, who for the most part aren't going to be deterred about a $1 a month or whatever is being proposed now.

The once every 5 year seller will be deterred. It's not logic, and it's not financial, it a visceral reaction to suddenly having to pay for something that you thought was free. Read through the posts in "stupid stuff" and see what members here get butt hurt over and then get back to me and talk about logic.

I'm not arguing either way, it really depends on what model the site owner wants to pursue.

As far as there not being another site where you can buy and sell guns for free, I have to remind a lot of the old timers here that the exact same thing could have been said 10 years ago when the S&S on the forum whose name shall not to be uttered jumped the track.

Some day you will join this century, I promise... writing checks, which is just essentially an IOU, will go the way of the dodo at some point... T

If people would take time to read the little stickers on the cash registers, they will see that most checks are converted to electronic fund transfers, i.e., a debit just like a debit card.

And if you pay with cash, you are passing a long an IOU from the federal government. Bullion is the only real money that's off the radar.

And if the site is no longer viable and shuts down?

I understand people are cheap, but if you get value, you should be willing to have SOME skin in the game, right?

I am of an inquisitive nature, I'm perfectly comfortable watching other people experiment with their money. Very open minded that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom