Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
$1.00? A whole $1.00? If you can’t afford a buck you don’t need the classifieds you need welfare. How you intend to collect it may present you your bigger problem. It’s Sunday and I want to place an add. How would I pay my fee? Just thoughts.

$1.00? A whole $1.00? If you can’t afford a buck you don’t need the classifieds you need welfare. How you intend to collect it may present you your bigger problem. It’s Sunday and I want to place an add. How would I pay my fee? Just thoughts.
It’s easy. Just like running a paid ad or paying your supporter dues. Click the button and checkout.

If 10 bucks a year is going to deter someone from selling on this site,

Never mind,

I just don't have any way to describe my bewilderment.
I'm not one of them, but I don't think the amount is necessarily the issue.
Using the site to browse, post, buy, or sell doesn't involve any transfer of money to the site. Adding that is another new process to have to use. Some would just choose not to do that. If paying were already some part of the site (like a store that was regularly used by most), it would be more of a "$1 only, really?" issue.

I don't see a problem with charging $1.00 a month for someone to list an ad, especially if it keeps the site ad and banner free, if someone has a problem with $1.00 to use a service, they are probably not someone I want to sell to or buy from anyway. I'll continue to be a supporter anyway.

Benjamin,I would pay membership fee now that I’m familiar with the site but I don’t believe I would have ever tried the ODT if I first had to pay an up front yearly fee.
Even if Okuma makes this change it will not require an up front yearly fee to browse and use most of the forums, only if you want to post a for sale ad would you have to pay anything ($1.00 for a month of ads or $10.00 for a year of use). It is still free to post in any other forum or to buy from the classifieds. You won’t be required to be a supporter to use the site, but if you choose to be a supporter posting an ad in the classifieds would be free. At least this is my understanding of the proposed change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom