Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"But there is no reason why we can't point out that someone is price gouging, or just plain clueless as to what their item is worth..."

1) Gouging is a non specific term, open to interpretation. I have not been "gouged" if I want something and buy it, even if the price is higher than usual. No one here has ever come to my home and forced me to buy a thing. I make a choice. EOS

2) I think a PM to a Seller, explaining to them why you feel something is overpriced, with a link to an example is a great idea, if its kept polite

3) Some however, want to bash a Seller publicly, and that is against the Rules for a good reason .... and that reason is, if you ain't buying, what they are charging is nunya.

I wonder .....

If I go into an establishment and start loudly and publicly telling all the customers that the prices are high, they are being ripped off....

Or I start screaming at the Manager, telling him his "crap" is not worth what he is charging...

How long before I get thrown out ..or go to Jail.

In a DEAL, the ONLY people who decide whether or not something is too high are the Buyer and the Seller.

If you are not either, then you are interfering in something that is in NO WAY your business.

IMO.

It’s called protesting. It’s allowed. Lol

1FA8216A-DF5F-4507-82F9-21471498B90E.jpeg

The bottom line..?

Value and Worth only have a meaning as terms based solely upon what a Buyer and a Seller put to them.

Some think gold and diamonds are valuable.

Not to me, I have no use for either, other than, if I had some, what I can sell them for.

But I do realize that for some, they are highly prized, intrinsically.

Some want an engraved English Double, or a Barrett Fifty.

Fine for them, I have no interest, and would not buy either, even at average market prices less 5%.

Its ALL relative to what someone values their property at, including the property known as money. Apparently also the "property" to say whatever one wants, whenever one wants.

But per Okuma, not in HIS House, and this Site IS his house.

Now, ODT has a Value to me. I like guns, and I like buying and selling and trading guns. This place makes that a LOT easier that going to gun shows, dealing with Armslist or GB, or even the AJC (yes, they once allowed listings in the classified for guns ....may still)

So, for something I VALUE, I am willing to part with something else I VALUE, a thing called money. And I am happy to Obey the Rules of the House, as I expect others to obey the Rules of MY House.

To me, the price asked is very fair. No actually, for what I get from it, it is the Ongoing Deal of the Day.

To others, they may see it as overpriced, and want freedom from having to reign themselves in, even in another's house. They think the money costs and/or the price of silence too high. And that is their call to make.

For me, this has run its course, I hope it works out so most, if not all, are OK with where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom