• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this site. I haven't become supporter simply because I saw no need to. Yes, ads are annoying but all sites use them. I've been conditioned over many years to ignore them. This is the last site that I want to see go under. $1 a month is not too much to ask, a minor annoyance to get signed up but I'm okay with it. I would prefer using PayPal to limit the number of sites with any of my payment info.

You may not see a problem, but you will have a problem if you point out how out of touch the member selling is with reality. Yep, deleted post and a warning, next time, a hat and a couple of days to yourself. Rules are very clear on that subject.

Besides, what does that have to do with whether or not to change and begin charging $1 for selling on this site.

Rules vs discussion in general. Drift is a natural procession of a discussion unless it's moderated like crazy. Going by the comments, the buck a month isn't a big deal. By the poll, the Buckatarians lose the election. I began the journey by having a single item to sell and made a few new friends outside the forum in the process. I don't really go anywhere other than the "trader" areas. Here it is over a year later and I'm still around so it's probably time to support the site one way or another anyway.

I will tell you right now Okuma that $1 is very cheap and extremely reasonable to get the quality of the The outdoors trader forum I am actually the creator of all the big Facebook Georgia Gun groups with 10,000 - 47,500 in the groups and those were free groups and Facebook shut them down due to liberal pressure but the outdoor trader has the opportunity to keep going and $1 is all it takes for us to pay to have the privilege of a well run and well developed site. You will get my full support.

"But there is no reason why we can't point out that someone is price gouging, or just plain clueless as to what their item is worth..."

1) Gouging is a non specific term, open to interpretation. I have not been "gouged" if I want something and buy it, even if the price is higher than usual. No one here has ever come to my home and forced me to buy a thing. I make a choice. EOS

2) I think a PM to a Seller, explaining to them why you feel something is overpriced, with a link to an example is a great idea, if its kept polite

3) Some however, want to bash a Seller publicly, and that is against the Rules for a good reason .... and that reason is, if you ain't buying, what they are charging is nunya.

I agree with you. But , price gouging only happens if someone pays that much for it. If you’re willing to be screwed on the price , that’s on the buyer .

Reactions: MRH
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet , to lazy to look , but Craigslist is now charging to list cars for sale , and thinking about charging for some other ads . But , $20 a year to support this site ? That’s petty change !!! It’s not cheap to do this site ! What you gonna do if Okuma can’t keep it up and running ? Sooner or later your gonna get bored with abusing your little friend ! :becky:

I'll Weigh in for all it worth......It's simple pay to pay, it's not a hard concept. I have met many on here that I enjoy and respect. It's not rocket science, it cost to run the site one way or another...Just my 2 cents..Carry on!
If everyone posting in this thread would instead mail their 2 cents to OS, there'd be no reason for the $1.
:boink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom