• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As suspected the poll had no effect on the decision. Kind of like when the DOT has a public meeting to discuss the future toll road. By the time it reaches that stage the decision has already been reached and they're just pandering to the public. I'm not faulting management for a business decision just calling it what it is.

As suspected the poll had no effect on the decision. Kind of like when the DOT has a public meeting to discuss the future toll road. By the time it reaches that stage the decision has already been reached and they're just pandering to the public. I'm not faulting management for a business decision just calling it what it is.

Well it was just a non-binding question. Not a mandate.

Why should it have? The poll represents the opinion of less than 2% of the ODT...and that 2% is divided 50/50.

The opinion of a vocal minority has been noted and a decision was made.
That decision was made before the poll went up. It was just to make us plebeians feel like we had some input.
Simple psychological trick to make the masses more amenable to change.
It was a business decision and so be it.

That decision was made before the poll went up. It was just to make us plebeians feel like we had some input.
I disagree. The initial proposal in this thread is different than what was layed out in the post outlining the changes to the Classifieds section. I would say that those changes were informed by this poll and thread.

It really wasn't. I had the idea and put the poll up about an hour later to see how people felt about it. I thought the results would be at least 80% against it, and if it had been I wouldn't have gone forward with the change. I changed a few things that people complained about and now I think we have an acceptable option for everyone. (or at least I hope we do.)

It really wasn't. I had the idea and put the poll up about an hour later to see how people felt about it. I thought the results would be at least 80% against it, and if it had been I wouldn't have gone forward with the change. I changed a few things that people complained about and now I think we have an acceptable option for everyone. (or at least I hope we do.)
You're the man and if you say so then that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom