• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plumbers advice needed- toilet tank flap Q

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I have a toilet that when I flush, the flap opens and shut so quickly, the water does not clean 100%. It does only if I hold the tank lever holding the flap open for a longer period of time (say 5-8 sec), but this is a pain especially when I have guests.

I have tried to adjust the chain multiple times but cannot seem to get the right formula or ratio of how far or close to hook up the chain to the flap to ensure it stays open long enough.

Any insight or at least any good YouTube tutorial videos on how to adjust?

Your 💩 is to heavy and going down the 🚽 to fast and that's causing a vortex to suck the flapper closed.

Lighten up what you eat.......

That is what I keep telling the wife- Stop feeding me gourmet meals at least 2x day, making everything from scratch, and trying to outdo the last meal...day in and day out!! I am getting sick of it!

There are some days I just want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and she won't have it!

some brands of toilets have propitiatory parts. If you can find the manufacture and model # you could get a parts breakdown and order one from Amazon or your local big box store. I would try and use OEM parts and when you find the right one buy a spare.
the model # should be on the inside of the tank at the back.

Back
Top Bottom