• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Plumbing leak strange scenario

A friend gave me the idea to run a water hose down the sewer and listen to the other end of the hose. I should be able to tell a difference in the sound when I pass the leak. I am going to see if I can get a stethoscope too, Good idea!

I am ultrasonic cleaning the carb on my chop saw right now. Ethanol clogged it up, so aggravating. I have ruled out the supply to the building, and all fixtures. It is also definitely infiltrating the sewer that goes to the city. It is time to locate the leak and get to cutting. I have my torch, solder and paste ready.

Man I would listen to the slab to try and hear it first first to try to pinpoint it not necessarily the sewer pipe.
The leak may not necessarily be even close to where it's getting into the sewer and may in fact be quite a distance away.

A pro (someone with the right setup) can probably pull a new line with minimal if any cutting of the slab.
as a younger man I pulled plenty of them with a cable run through the existing pipe attached to the new pipe and a fitting. the other end was attached to a backhoe bucket, weand also shot plenty of pneumatic torpedos like in this pic under roadways etc.
masterdrain.ca_wp_content_uploads_2016_05_hammerhead_mole_300x169.jpg

for example:
http://www.hammerheadtrenchless.com...otMenuId=404991f4-dedf-4ad6-83a6-3f61d138fcba

Copper is adversely affected by so many things, ever notice the green slimey junk that builds up on copper ??, contact with different metals, being not grounded, freezes/burst easy and yes even cement affects it......not good,.........you may repair the present problem but another spot with will be on the horizon soon, re-plumb with PVC and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom