• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Plumbing question

Rzr570

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
I have a small pvc pipe that runs out of the side of my house. This evening while on the back deck I could here running water. Went outside and there was Luke warm water running out of said pipe. Went in the basement and it appears that it runs into either the hot water heater or the furnace. Any idea what’s causing this?

I'd say it's most likely condensation from the HVAC system - mine does this in winter and summer. Or could be the water heater letting out excess pressure from the overflow valve. If the master pressure reducing valve for your home is allowing too much pressure in, it can vent through the water heater or the water heater valve itself is failing.

Adamjen15 Adamjen15

If you have a high efficiency heater or a tankless water heater, it could be the condensation drain from either which is normal. If you have a traditional tank water heater, it could be the pressure relief valve that was listed earlir

T&P valve

s-l400.jpg

Said pipe hooked to this?

Warm water would point to pr valve. Calcium and sediment will build up after a couple years. Easy fix. Most hardware stores have them on shelves

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom