• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PMC .223 low powered ammo?

troutflyfisher18

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
11   0
Reaction score
Just bought a bunch of .223 PMC Bronze and one of my new AR's is having FTF problems with it. That gun run fine with Federal and Remington ammo, so I figured it was the ammo. Does anybody know about PMC being low powered? Maybe it is just because the rifle isn't broken in yet??

My pmag doesn't like wolf casing. Only brass! I get failure to feed all the time with the coating on the Russians.

Me and a buddy were having problems in 4 different ars running some wolf crap a while back we bought to target practice with. Ended up the oal with the rounds were to long causing a high pressure in the chamber braking one of my extractors and splitting one case inside of his chamber on his gun. We then used a micrometer to check them and they were too long meaning bullet wasn't seated in far enough in casing. Also was having a issue with ftf because the bullet would wedge into the feed ramp and get stuck in the magazine. Now I check every case I buy. Thats why cheap ammo is cheap.. Oh well lesson learned. But my ak likes it all. Lol

Back
Top Bottom