• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PMC .223 low powered ammo?

Me and a buddy were having problems in 4 different ars running some wolf crap a while back we bought to target practice with. Ended up the oal with the rounds were to long causing a high pressure in the chamber braking one of my extractors and splitting one case inside of his chamber on his gun. We then used a micrometer to check them and they were too long meaning bullet wasn't seated in far enough in casing. Also was having a issue with ftf because the bullet would wedge into the feed ramp and get stuck in the magazine. Now I check every case I buy. Thats why cheap ammo is cheap.. Oh well lesson learned. But my ak likes it all. Lol

I call BS if they aren't seated in far enough that wouldnt up the cup pressure there's only two main things that cause that to much powder or way tight crimp. Plus if they were that long the bullet tips would be hitting the I side of the mag causing drag keeping the nose down causing to ftf.wich would be the cause of your broken extractor since 99% an extractor brakes on bolt closing a tipped case pushes up uunnaturaly on the extractor bam broke makes sense right? Sounds to me he had a new uppper that wasn't cleaned first maybe with to much oil causing the split case or the opposite a wore out upper with chamber wear allowing for to much expansion. There you got my two cents

Just bought a bunch of .223 PMC Bronze and one of my new AR's is having FTF problems with it. That gun run fine with Federal and Remington ammo, so I figured it was the ammo. Does anybody know about PMC being low powered? Maybe it is just because the rifle isn't broken in yet??

I've shot PMC in both my rifles and it ran fine. But like the Wolf, it is slightly lower pressure than 5.56 military ammo and might cause a new rifle to short stroke (if not yet broken in).

Just bought a bunch of .223 PMC Bronze and one of my new AR's is having FTF problems with it. That gun run fine with Federal and Remington ammo, so I figured it was the ammo. Does anybody know about PMC being low powered? Maybe it is just because the rifle isn't broken in yet??
clean and treat the upper assembly with frog lube (thoroughly) and try again.

Back
Top Bottom