• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pocket Carry

Picked up this S&W 342 PD titanium pre-lock in 2013 - it is my constant companion

3a7ce587ffbab1a1fd14b1eb408468ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

G43 with a Kydex trigger cover all day every day. I've modified all of my pants so the lanyard attaches inside and is short. As the pistol clears my pocket, the trigger cover pops off. I carry two extra mags with Plus 2 extensions in a specialty pocket on the left.

For spare mags, i have found these ets 12 rnd mags for glock 43 to be pretty sweet and reliable. They are quick to grab from a pocket as they give a better purchase for a quick grab due to their length from concealed carry position Just an fyi if ya wanna pick some up. Good price point as well.
20180329_205610.jpg

As you can see, they stick out a bit but for spare mag...what the heck! More the merrier. If you are going for a spare mag in real life...GIVE ME MORE BULLETS!
20180329_210311.jpg

Other than hunting and formal occasions, they are the only pants I wear.

La police gear have a few different styles/design of pants. All i wear daily is the atlas pants. Great pocket design, low profile, stretch fabric and the price point is sweet. I have several colors. They also have been the most comfortable for IWB carry for me of all the pants i have tried.

41zaw3xj3SL.jpg

Just for the heck of it, a question.....

How many here pocket carry some kinda gun, and what do you carry ?

I myself carry either a Kahr 380 or 9 mm what about you ??

I have found that pocket design is a HUGE factor in what gun and holster you use. That being said, if i do pocket carry (not my preferred method of carry) i go with a glock 43 in a desantis superfly with a spare ETS 12 rnd mag. The holster has a flap that breaks the outline of the pistol and keeps it vertical and in the same position all day (some holsters claim that but fail to in my experience). It is surprisingly easy to draw from (this goes back to pocket design)

Here is the g 43 in the superfly in my left front pocket.

20180329_212559.jpg

Here is the holster

20180329_212701.jpg

Here is the other side of the holster (the flap that breaks up the print)

20180329_212714.jpg

If you choose to, you can remove the velcro flap but i like having it. It helps protect the pant material from getting ripped/torn from the back corner of the rear sight and the bottom of the grip of the gun rubbing against the outer pocket material. I have had this happen with various pant pockets when the rear sights and grip were exposed. The flap serves two purposes. Conceals pistol and protects pant material. The outer material is very sticky and keeps it from shifting.

Back
Top Bottom