• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pokémon Go craze sweeps nation: Players find monsters — and injuries, robberies and worse

Call me paranoid but the idea of an app that needs full control of your phone, instructs you where to go and makes you aim your camera at a designated point is a bit unsettling. Impressive tech though.
20160531_115728.png
prepare yourself...

Anyone who has kids who play, do yourself a favor and try it out. I'll turn in my man card if I need to as long as I have the dad card. Chasing cartoon creatures isn't my cup of tea, but getting texts like this make it worth it.

20160714_092333.png

It would be nice if the designers starting putting these things at historically significant spots-Kennesaw battle sites, and other area where these kids could learn about our history. As they do not learn jack in schools these days.

They had stops at the Civil War Memorial, City Hall, Post Office, Library, and several memorials around town I didn't know existed. I watched my kid who isn't interested in history hanging around the Civil War Memorial waiting on Pokemon and while waiting she read the inscriptions and studied the statue. I couldn't help but smile.

its kinda funny when it first hit all I heard were people knocking it and now all I've heard recently is horary for at least making kids walk around again

Amid 'Pokemon Go' craze, hospitals say game players could jeopardize patient safety

Larry Daly, a spokesperson at Covenant Healthcare in Michigan, said the hospital had seen an influx of people coming inside the hospital to catch Pokemon. "Covenant prohibits entry into the hospital to hunt for Pokemon," he said in a statement, adding that the hospital's "security department and the local police have been alerted to this situation."

"Our patients need their rest, and protection from germs," Daly said. "We hope parents help children understand the seriousness of this issue and only allow children to enter Covenant facilities when they are appropriately visiting patients."

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brie...14||||&elq_cid=409042&x_id=003C000001CuwVyIAJ

i just had an idea.....i'm going to download the game and start tagging some deer stand locations with pokemon........could be fun!!

Back
Top Bottom