• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Police trade-in SIG P220 45ACP - $549 at AO

spencer60

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
286   0
Reaction score
First of all, AO bashers ... look away before you go blind.

I went by for some of the 5.56 ammo today, and walked out with one of these instead. They supposedly came from a Gwinnett country trade-in, and are the newer (rail equipped) model P220s in 45 ACP.

It seems to be a a very clean gun, with minimal holster wear and it didn't look like it had gone through a bunch of rounds. It has the Hogue grips and came with the a (correct sized) blue SIG box and a 2nd magazines.

I'll post some pic when I get home tonight, but it seems like a pretty good price for a newer, lightly used P220. Supposedly they were all in the same condition, so you shouldn't have to sort through them to find a clean one either.

I did take a look on GB, and found a few really beat-up 220's for roughly the same price. All the used ones in good condition seemed to be in the $700 range or higher.

No idea... how do you tell the difference?
I picked one up last weekend and picked through a few to get the best one. All the ones I looked at were new style milled slides. The one I got has very bright night sights plus short reach and short reset trigger. Killer deal at this price, but it did take an hour in line to check out:mad:

I was actually surprised how quick check out went today. The store was packed but they had all the registers open and all of them doing gun sales it looked like. I was second in line at my register, and it only took 10-15 minutes max to get from there out the door.

Since they are all supposedly all from the same dept, I'm guessing they would all have the milled slides then. My night sights are pretty bright as well, but as far as I know it's a 'standard' trigger setup. I plan on taking it to the range after work, and will see if that's correct then.

Last edited:
I was actually surprised how quick check out went today. The store was packed but they had all the registers open and all of them doing gun sales it looked like. I was second in line at my register, and it only took 10-15 minutes max to get from there out the door.

Since they are all supposedly all from the same dept, I'm guessing they would all have the milled slides then. My night sights are pretty bright as well, but as far as I know it's a 'standard' trigger setup. I plan on taking it to the range after work, and will see if that's correct then.

The one I picked was the only SRT I found out of quite a few that I had my hands on.

First of all, AO bashers ... look away before you go blind.

I went by for some of the 5.56 ammo today, and walked out with one of these instead. They supposedly came from a Gwinnett country trade-in, and are the newer (rail equipped) model P220s in 45 ACP.

It seems to be a a very clean gun, with minimal holster wear and it didn't look like it had gone through a bunch of rounds. It has the Hogue grips and came with the a (correct sized) blue SIG box and a 2nd magazines.

I'll post some pic when I get home tonight, but it seems like a pretty good price for a newer, lightly used P220. Supposedly they were all in the same condition, so you shouldn't have to sort through them to find a clean one either.

I did take a look on GB, and found a few really beat-up 220's for roughly the same price. All the used ones in good condition seemed to be in the $700 range or higher.
You people are killing me! I go out of town for a week and spend all my cash. Now the deals are coming out of the wood work. Maybe I will pawn my old dog.

Someone post some pics of what you bought?

Should be up in a minute...

Didn't get to the range last night so no report there. I can say mine definitely has the standard trigger, which is fine. It also had a dead front night sight which was kind of a bummer but not unexpected. If I ever want to use this in an SD role I would replace them anyway, and it shoots fine as a range gun w/o it.

Back
Top Bottom