• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Police trade-in SIG P220 45ACP - $549 at AO

SIG P220 002.JPG SIG P220 003.JPG SIG P220 004.JPG SIG P220 005.JPG SIG P220 007.JPG SIG P220 008.JPG

From what I was told, these guns didn't go back to SIG for a refurb, they are just as they were when traded-in. They are a little grungy but I'm thinking they will clean up pretty well. I'll post some pic of the result later on.

I almost picked one up today but went with a glock 23 instead. 329 camt beat that at all nor 549 for a p220

The woman ahead of me and the guy behind me in line both had the 23's. The cashier even joked about how she had the 'trade-in line' .

Cleaned up pretty well, not a lot of gunk in it. I just ordered replacement Houges for it ($18 from Amazon).

These guns seem to be all stainless (frame and slide). It would be a PITA but I bet you could polish them up nicely.

SIG P220 Cleaned 001.JPG

Last edited:
Last but not least, a quick range report.

The gun shot well, sights were dead-on. I had no failures except one of the mags showed a tendency to not lock-back after the last round. Otherwise it ran like a top.

I love my sig's (I have several). I'm in ATL and have a sight tool when you get ready to swap them out. I usually order my sights from Top Gun Supply. I like the Meprolites night sights.
Great gun!

Thanks for the info... Meeps are good sights, although it looks like you can find the Trijicons for a reasonable price as well.

I also noticed that you can get a SIG threaded barrel for this gun at around $200, so maybe it will become a host for the Octane 45. The possibilities here are wide-open.

Back
Top Bottom