• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Police trade-in SIG P220 45ACP - $549 at AO

So why don't some people like it?

So there's a trick to AO. You have to go during the week after say 5:30 or 6pm. What happens is everyone goes on Saturday (and I understand people come from all over) and the place is packed. Plus, AO does a stupid thing where they fill out all of your paperwork in the back then have a gun runner come to the back counter to grab your gun, take you down the holster and ammo aisle to get you to buy extra stuff then you have to go up front where the cashier then fills out your paperwork again on the computer. It's time consuming to say the least. I never go on Saturdays. Never. I usually hit them like a Tuesday or Wednesday evening after 7 and you can have the run of the place. You can see what you want in the cases, play with as many as you want until you find the one you want and then check out is usually like 10-15 minutes as opposed to standing in line behind 2 others and waiting 15-20 minutes each before it's your turn. And last but not least, Big John has to check your receipt before you leave out the store. That is probably why most people don't like the place.

Just my $0.02

I think that the negative feedback on here and other sites has been noticed by AO management. To me, it seems like there has been a noticeable improvement over the last year or so. I have bought at least 5 guns from one of the salesmen over the years and he uses the exact same lines every time I see him. They still act like they are standing on a stage back there, and sometimes pressure you for the sale, but if you go early in the month for one of their advertised specials, you can get some good deals... and then sell them on here for another $100.

Just beware of "typos", traditionally referred to as bait and switch.

Back
Top Bottom