Polish work

Ken Ford

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
I have been doing Polishing work to feed ramps and chamfers. I have been getting rave reviews and I think I am ready to open it to the public and forum members. What I don't know is there any legal regulation that I need to know about. I should not need to keep the weapon more than a few hours, most of the time I will only need the barells.

Any Thoughts?

I have been doing repairs for friends (without charging money) for 40+ years; Have I been breaking the law?

If you are not receiving any type of compensation and your volume is "limited" (Limited is the ATFs word, but they don't define what the limit is, typical) then you do not need an FFL, but if you receive compensation, either money or in kind, then you are required to have one.

Its also illegal to give away vegetables if you have a garden, or milk if you own a cow , or take your neighbor food if they are sick if you don't have a license from the health dept.
But Ken, you being a police officer, it shouldn't be hard for you to get an FFL ? I say get the license then do all the polish gun work you want.

Back
Top Bottom