• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ponderings from the deer stand

Well I shot at a lil wild pig and missed lol but he was only about 30 lbs or so. I just got so bored. Haven’t shot at anything with my crossbow yet besides my target though. Gotta start somewhere. Just thought it’d be cool to kill a wild pig for my first kill with the CB! Got up in the climber way too late this mornin too so that sucked and had me irritated before I even got set down and settled.
Those are the best eatin'.

A serious thought that I have had before while hunting.....who else has hunted this very spot? Not only in the last decade or so ago, but also hundreds or even thousands of years ago?
Where did the Native Americans that left all these arrowheads behind hunt at? What was that person shooting my newly found arrowhead at? Was it a large animal to feed their village or was it a small animal that would be their meal for the day?
I believe that the points like the black chert point on the left side of my hand was made by a man who had seen many years pass. The detail and the super sharp serrations were testament to his skills as an outdoorsman and craftsman. This point was likely one of a thousand that he had crafted from hand in his lifetime.
5CF475EA-332F-4B60-8714-47A75F56E0FA.jpeg
7468FB8A-A45E-43D7-9504-DF87BE436F15.jpeg

Looking for arrowheads has costed me quite a few opportunities at deer and turkey. I found my first one when I was 9 years old and have had my eyes glued to the ground ever since that day.
we had cigar boxes full.My uncle had land on the Chattahoochee river bottoms in Fulton county.walk behind the tractor and look for em.

I have one of my Grandfather’s Johnny Walker Whiskey boxes filled with the points that I’ve found. The ones in the pic I posted were found along the Hooch’, not far from where you mentioned finding some.
I’ve found most of mine in Bartow, Carroll, Talbot and Macon Counties. Quite a few of them were alongside a natural spring in Adairsville, right along the edge of the water. Proof that the spring had been there a long long time.

Back
Top Bottom