Poor ammo :(

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
We took in a pregger cat, and had the kittens in the house for a while, that wasn't working to well so we placed them outside. Well, momma cat wasn't happy with their location and decided to move em. Wife and I came home to fine that they'd been moved and noticed one was acting retarded. Whimpering, not able to walk right, turning circles, stumbling around etc. Wouldn't feed from mom. We watched her move 1 more and she was jumping onto the fence with it and then jumped down, I'm wondering if it took a serious tumble. Poor cat isn't able to walk to its mom to feed. Luckily I have plenty of jars of baby food and we've had a small amount of success feeding it and giving it water, but the thing kinda gives up on living :( I talked to my wife about putting her to sleep, as I don't know if its going to make it very long without serious time and effort, that was her favorite cat from the get go. We've found homes for all the other kittens after they're old enough, but little baby ammo might not make it very long. My wife insists on keeping it. After all I've read, not sure a vet could do anything, even if we had the money at this point. Felt bad for the lil thing BC the other kittens were trampling her in the tub we have em in, so I grabbed an ammo box from the closet, old t shirt and made her a seperate home til I can find something better. Poor thing use to be playful, now she just whimpers and lays around. Honestly, ill doubt she's going to make it long, but the wife wont hear of it. So, cat lover or not, please pray for little ammo, or else I'm going to be consoling a very upset wife.
Pic, wife bathed her to kill fleas.
i41.tinypic.com_2h58ww4.jpg

She could be anemic from flea bites causing her to be sluggish. Just an idea.

Crush up a iron or vitamin B tablet in her food, or put it in a piece of cheese and shove it down. If she shows improvement, anemia is the issue.

Last edited:
Baby food? Have you tried evaporated canned milk to get as close as possible to mothers milk? If the others were hogging all the food for long maybe it's starving or dehydrated.

Does she have fleas or ticks on her?

Baby food? Have you tried evaporated canned milk to get as close as possible to mothers milk? If the others were hogging all the food for long maybe it's starving or dehydrated.

Does she have fleas or ticks on her?
Had fleas on her, we gave her a bath, showing some improvement. Babyfood was Ham puree so easy for her to digest. They're 5 weeks so its close to weening time. No evaporated milk though. Ill try the iron pill.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe broke something?

Everything seems to be fine. Can't tell wtf is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom