• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poor Man's PS90?

I shot a few PS90's, no AR converted. I like the fit and feel of the design. Makes perfect sense for PDW, that clone is a no go in my opinion. Are you gonna SBR it?
No. Leaving as is for now. Might even take the 3x red dot off and put an actual scope on it. See how far I can reach with the round. Should still have some.good penetrating power at distance.

I've been wanting a 12" gen 2 for the longest time. But 84¢ per round for fmj ruins it for me.

Maybe when they start building them again the ammo will be back down to normal levels..... wishful thinking though.

I've been wanting a 12" gen 2 for the longest time. But 80¢ per round for fmj ruins it for me.

Maybe when they start building them again the ammo will be back down to normal levels..... wishful thinking though.
I agree. Just don't understand why such a small round cost so much to produce.

Met up with RiverBend RiverBend this past weekend for a trade. He had a chance to hold this thing, albeit brief, so we didn't scare the Karen and Darren's of the parking lot. He didn't get to shoot it but I'm sure he can weigh in on what he thought of it.

For those curious, the foregrip will work on any 1913 pic rail:

And the stock will work on any 6 position buffer tube:

Even if you don't have an AR57 but like the set up, you can get your own. It works on nearly all AR rifles if you have that rail and buffer tube. I know Optics Planet can be hit or miss but these came within a week of ordering.

It is one of the most interesting builds I have seen yet, balanced, light, a real beauty and fondling its loveliness stirred feelings long forgotten. Gingerbread Man has that knack for the best.

Hmmm.... Gotta see this.

Met up with RiverBend RiverBend this past weekend for a trade. He had a chance to hold this thing, albeit brief, so we didn't scare the Karen and Darren's of the parking lot. He didn't get to shoot it but I'm sure he can weigh in on what he thought of it.

For those curious, the foregrip will work on any 1913 pic rail:

And the stock will work on any 6 position buffer tube:

Even if you don't have an AR57 but like the set up, you can get your own. It works on nearly all AR rifles if you have that rail and buffer tube. I know Optics Planet can be hit or miss but these came within a week of ordering.

Guess I'll be that guy. It looks like a California'd ar chambered in 5.7. Certainly not compact and certainly not a bullpup. New ps90's can be had for 1200 with not much effort searching. At least they could a year or 2 ago. Not going for a political or pricing debate here. But, how much was spent on the rifle? The 5.7 is certainly not a "poor man's" cartridge to begin with, and hasn't been for years. Even pre-covid was pricey and hard to find.

Not knocking it. If it's fun and you like it, by all means. I just don't see any resemblance to a ps90 and doubt that much money was even saved compared to picking up a ps90. Then you have the problem of finding 5.7 ammo, and when you do, it's expensive.

Back
Top Bottom