• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poor Man's PS90?

Guess I'll be that guy. It looks like a California'd ar chambered in 5.7. Certainly not compact and certainly not a bullpup. New ps90's can be had for 1200 with not much effort searching. At least they could a year or 2 ago. Not going for a political or pricing debate here. But, how much was spent on the rifle? The 5.7 is certainly not a "poor man's" cartridge to begin with, and hasn't been for years. Even pre-covid was pricey and hard to find.

Not knocking it. If it's fun and you like it, by all means. I just don't see any resemblance to a ps90 and doubt that much money was even saved compared to picking up a ps90. Then you have the problem of finding 5.7 ammo, and when you do, it's expensive.
That's the beauty of being an American. Opinions are welcome. As with bullpups, this isn't going to be everyone's first choice but the ability to retain the customization of an AR is what I was after. I see what you are referring to about California'd, but the California version has the thumbhole filled in on both the stock and foregrip.
A2FC033B-17D5-470F-9C1C-B5F5A65DCE86.jpeg

That's the beauty of being an American. Opinions are welcome. As with bullpups, this isn't going to be everyone's first choice but the ability to retain the customization of an AR is what I was after. I see what you are referring to about California'd, but the California version has the thumbhole filled in on both the stock and foregrip.
View attachment 3915794
I'm not dogging it. Truly. I just don't see anything resembling a bullpup and compact design like the ps90. The draw of the p90 is how compact it is. You kill that compactness with a 16 inch barreled standard ar. And i imagine that you didn't save much money. I like the IDEA of the ps90, but I don’t particularly care for it. Mainly due to the trigger. But....(and I know this won't happen), if I could have the real deal, short barrel, happy switch, I'd be full send.

In short, I guess I feel that if you want the ps90, treat yourself and get one. I imagine that what you put together was for fun and thus disposable funds, so take a bit more of those funds and get what you really want. Treat yourself!

I'm not dogging it. Truly. I just don't see anything resembling a bullpup and compact design like the ps90. The draw of the p90 is how compact it is. You kill that compactness with a 16 inch barreled standard ar. And i imagine that you didn't save much money. I like the IDEA of the ps90, but I don’t particularly care for it. Mainly due to the trigger. But....(and I know this won't happen), if I could have the real deal, short barrel, happy switch, I'd be full send.

In short, I guess I feel that if you want the ps90, treat yourself and get one. I imagine that what you put together was for fun and thus disposable funds, so take a bit more of those funds and get what you really want. Treat yourself!
It's true. I have owned a few PS90s. I didn't care for the trigger either. I'm actually going to put a decent scope on this and see if I can stretch the this out long distance. But you're right, all in, I'm well over the cost of a real deal PS90. It was fun putting it together.

That might make the cut to be on Fortnite!!

View attachment 3915794

Back
Top Bottom