• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Poor Man's PS90?

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
Well, after getting into it, I could have just bought another PS90.
A few months back I got out of 5.7x28. Rounds are just way too pricey.
I missed it to say the least. Happened upon an AR57 upper here on ODT, put together a ballistic advantage lower with CMMG parts, a PSA flat bow trigger and some el cheapo Promag PS90 mags. Just got my Hera arms stock set in and here we are. A "poor man's" PS90. Figuring out the lower mag modification to catch the brass. Have to add some foam or something soft. This ejects casings with such force it crimps the casing neck into a D shape. Caused by hitting the back of the AR magwell.

It's a fun rifle. I actually don't have to tell myself it's more fun than the PS90, it just is.

1642616192238.jpg

My old 5.7 upper would not cycle the "Promag" mags.
First mag with federal rounds....had two ftf's.

I stopped, took it all apart and cleaned it. Lubed it where it needed it.

Have not had issues since. The promags are a tight fit though. May try and get my hands on some FN mags and see if they fit a little better.

Modified an AR mag this afternoon and padded the back of it to catch the brass. Going to paint the mag this weekend.

PS90>Poor man's clone
I had some decent range time with the PS90. I can tell you without a doubt, this one is much nicer to shoot. You can only custom fit the PS90 so far. The AR platform is only limited by your imagination. That little PSA trigger is crisp. Very unexpected at it's price point.

I shot a few PS90's, no AR converted. I like the fit and feel of the design. Makes perfect sense for PDW, that clone is a no go in my opinion. Are you gonna SBR it?

I had some decent range time with the PS90. I can tell you without a doubt, this one is much nicer to shoot. You can only custom fit the PS90 so far. The AR platform is only limited by your imagination. That little PSA trigger is crisp. Very unexpected at it's price point.

Back
Top Bottom