• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

post your stupidest questions from potential buyer's on here

You would be surprised how many newbies and seasoned ODTers still leave ads up for sale well after having sold said item. I am guilty of it.
It's still a complete waste of a question though. Just make your offer. If it's no longer available then you'll be told that. There's really no point in asking other than to waste time.

Perfect example would be if there's something you really want and you message the seller at 1pm "is this still available?" and I message him at 2pm saying "hey I'd like to buy this when can we meet"

When he checks his messages at 3pm he's probably gonna take the first serious offer to buy, probably not even respond to the "is this still available" guy. I know I wouldn't.

Plus half the time someone ask they never message back when you tell them yes.

No not really.. because there’s plenty of dumbass’s that don’t mark their stuff SOLD.. or at least take down the ad
Yes but in the blue banner at the top of every ad is the day and time it was listed. If it was just listed then silly to ask if it is still available but then common sense is not so common any more.

I understand the “why are you selling question” it could be a reason the potential buyer didn’t consider.

Guns too heavy
Guns too light
Recoil sucks
Can’t find ammo
Doesn’t shoot to my standards (on the forums Accurate shooter and long range hunting you can get a .90 MOA gun for a steep discount bc it’s not shooting .25 MOA)
Guns perfect, just freeing up funds for another one

That’s assuming the seller is honest

I hate the oddly specific questions

“Who’s the smith?”

“What’s it throated for?”

“What’s bore scope pictures look like?”

“What’s free bore?”

“What’s the prefix on the receiver?”

“You have any components to sell with it? Will you sell components separately?”

“What’s length of pull?”

“Was the barrel broken in properly?”

“What’s your best price? I can find it somewhere cheaper, will you match this price?”

Back
Top Bottom