• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Posting ad for neighbor: go or no go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greglat1

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
320   0
Reaction score
My neighbor has asked me to list a gun for him. It's his only firearm, so he's not on ODT and knows that I use it a lot. It didn't see anything in the rules against this but thought I would check here. Can I list his gun for him under my account with his contact info or is that against the rules?

No go
See lots of listed for someone else ads - so you can too. Agree with Axios! He should keep the ONLY gun he has...
Good luck with that - I know you are just trying to help a brother out - just me - wouldnt do it.

You willing to suffer the negative if he backs out of a deal?

Always wondered that about folks listing for their brother/friend/etc.

Would you be asking this question if it were a lamp shade he was selling rather than an evil firearm?

Therein lies your answer.

I personally wouldn't want to deal with selling a gun for so some else, but there's no rule against it.

Per ODT Rules -
If you list an item for a friend you take full responsibility for the deal as far as feedback is concerned, if it goes south then you get hit with the negative. We suggest not selling for friends and just help them create an account of their own.

He's using the money for a Glock42 which is easier for him to carry.

Ok, then this is a good enough reason to help him out. Do understand that you're the one to suffer if he lacks the character to make a deal happen properly. That's why I've only ever listed stuff for my father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom