Powder on my table

Cobalt 60

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
After reloading about 100 rounds or so with my Lee 1000, it looks like i tipped over a pepper shaker on my table. Powder is riding back on the auto disc on the downstroke and peppering the table. Not a lot, but enough that I hate wasting it.

Anyone find a good way to prevent this?

That's the best part about reloading, sweeping all the spilled powder from a bunch of different calibers and dumping it all into one. 308 case for a special"smorgasbord load". Seat a bullet and toss it in your ammo stash unmarked. It really keeps you on your toes.

That's the best part about reloading, sweeping all the spilled powder from a bunch of different calibers and dumping it all into one. 308 case for a special"smorgasbord load". Seat a bullet and toss it in your ammo stash unmarked. It really keeps you on your toes.

Awesome idea!!! That will make for some great kaboom emergency training!! :laugh:

Tighten the screws to the powder hopper

Yeah - I checked that, but they seem to be all the way tight.

I am thinking it is just a downside of the powder drop set up that Lee makes. But never hurts to see if someone else has come up with a solution!

Yeah - I checked that, but they seem to be all the way tight.

I am thinking it is just a downside of the powder drop set up that Lee makes. But never hurts to see if someone else has come up with a solution!
True...I've always had a slight amount "pepper" the bench so to speak. I'm not sure there is a way to stop it with the powder hopper design like that. I've had/have several diff powder hoppers and the only one I've seen that don't do it is the RCBS...but then again if your using a progressive press that point is moot. Just a cost of doing biz ! Lol

win

True...I've always had a slight amount "pepper" the bench so to speak. I'm not sure there is a way to stop it with the powder hopper design like that. I've had/have several diff powder hoppers and the only one I've seen that don't do it is the RCBS...but then again if your using a progressive press that point is moot. Just a cost of doing biz ! Lol

Now I gotta recalculate my cost per round!!!! :thumb:

I have a turret press and I do see some on the bench. More so with Titegroup. I like Solo 1000 because I rarely see it on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom