powder storage

drc302

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
104   0
Reaction score
Is there a best practice for storing powder. I have heard not to put it in a safe, I have it in a wooden cabinet now, anything safer??

Safer? I keep most of my larger containers inside a cedar lined chest in a bedroom closet. Cool and dry is the key to long powder life. Safety, well if it ain't exposed to fire it should be safe.

My smaller amounts, 1lb containers stay in a heavy gauge metal cabinet in my loading area.

^^what he said....you want it basically out of the light, cool and dry. You want it to be able to burn if the house catches on fire. Any kind of airtight or solid containers that won't melt /burn....kaboom ! Oh , keep out of reach of children and dumbasses! ^^

^^what he said....you want it basically out of the light, cool and dry. You want it to be able to burn if the house catches on fire. Any kind of airtight or solid containers that won't melt /burn....kaboom ! Oh , keep out of reach of children and dumbasses! ^^

I guess I can't own any powder.:pout:

I keep most of my larger containers inside a cedar lined chest in a bedroom closet. Cool and dry is the key to long powder life.

I have a cedar lined dresser that I keep most of my BP stored. Cool and dry seem to be the key words here. Used a batch from 1975 in 2009 and it worked without fail.

The dumbass clause includes curious kids....I know we were at one time ! We knew what powder was and what it did....but that didn't stop us from trying crazy stuff , (My brothers and I ) but we weren't stupid about it....today a kid fooling around with the type of stuff we used would lead to charges and a media frenzy !

Back
Top Bottom