Practical Legality

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
With all of the "you can't have an AFG on an ar pistol" comments, and the "can you build a rifle with a pistol lower?" uncertainty that seems to exist....I have a question.

Just last week I was at the range and a guy had two SBR AR15's. I'm not a talkative man so I didn't ask him a thing about them. I assumed they were legal and honestly, didn't want to know of they weren't. But it got me thinking.

From a practical perspective, assuming not every LEO is going to be conversant with every single gun law, if I have an SBR, a suppressor, or an AK or AR pistol, how, short of asking, does anyone know that I am legal or otherwise? And for that matter, how do I defend an AFG or know stock saddle on an AR buffer tube to the uniformed?

I believe when you get the SBR registered, it has to get some NFA information engraved on it. Google "SBR engrave" and you'll see samples.

But yeah, I have a AFG on my AR pistol, and soon a cheek weld. I print out both of the ATF letters saying I'm allow to have such accessories in my range bag.

If someone ask, I'll whip it out. No one have ask yet though.

I get a lot of "Is it fully automatic?" questions and "Wow, I bet it recoil really bad." when I shoot on the pistol side because people are not used to seeing it.

Back
Top Bottom