• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayer Request

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
For those so inclined, I would appreciate a little prayer request for Mrs. 41mag's father, Jimmy, in the hospital at Henry County for blood clots on his lungs. He is in poor shape, admitted this afternoon, hopefully to be doing better but old and tired.
Even as we grow in age and wisdom, we are never really ready for things like this....this lady of mine is the epitome of support for me. I only wish to return the care and support when her hours of need are here.
Her father is a war veteran, also a law enforcement veteran (but don't hold that one against him) and has touched many of lives in a very positive way.
Thank you for any consideration.

as of 7/21 : Has been marked for hospice care (home) , organs starting to fail, was stable and in a room then moved back to ICU. They are trying everything they know but problems are compounding. Mrs 41 spending as much time as poss. with him. This is turning into a slow drwn out ordeal.
Thank you all for support and prayers, it makes a difference!

as of 7/27: Just got home from Locust Grove where Jimmy and his wife(not my wife's mother) calls home. He has finally been moved home and is on home hospice. He is in ok spirits but you can tell he is in pain and trying all he can to hide it with dignity and grace he has left. This man dosent like to take aspirin and is a tough old bird to get morphine down, but he needs it. He did take a dose while I was there after a little persuasion on my part for relaxation purposes. When everybody finally left him alone he asked me to stay and just talked a little bit. He told me how much he hates putting everyone through this...all I could do was reassure him that it was no problem for anyone. He is very weak and very tired.
My wife cried the whole way home. Tues we are going to funeral home to make arrangements for when he does pass everything will be in place. I hope this man dosent suffer anymore than he has to.
Thanks , once again for being my vent, ODT, you guys and gals are wonderful. You know who you are.

As of 8/10/2014 Jimmy passed on Sunday 8/10/2014 peacefully. Thanks everyone

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/740539-Thank-you-ODT-your-support

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom