• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayer warriors

sniper22

Eagle Icon Lifetime Supporter
Aspiring Christian
203   0
Reaction score
This is tough for me to post because I feel like I'm bringing shame to one of my closest friends. Bearpugh is in a bad way and at the moment can use everyone's prayers at least. Most of us know about all of his Disabilities, a while back the government cut his check considerably because his daughter legally became an adult. This has left him in a constant struggle, and I mean to the point of eating one meal a day in order to survive! Now he has a bigger problem, he has to come up with at least $1200 by Monday in order to keep the power on in his house. This is not going to be a one time issue as he will still need power next month and there will be no more money available than there is now. Bear has to have power to charge his wheelchair (he has also had a stroke and only has use of one hand so the power chair is a must) and his bed has to have power as his wife has to get him in and out of the bed alone, so it really needs to move. I know there will be several ideas of was to work around some of the issues but honestly, I've spent several days trying to find a way to do without it and there isn't a feasible way. I'm not asking everyone for money, I'm asking for ideas on a way to help him. I hope to find a way to raise the money to keep the power on for this month but sill need a long term solution. This is a plea for help in more ways than money. Bear is a good man who has hit rock bottom and it breaks my heart to see a man that would give anything to be able to work and provide for himself but can't. I truly believe there are answers but I cannot find them, so I'm asking for yalls help. For the record, I have discussed this posting with bear and he knows we all want to help, so please be respectful when replying (but please reply ) and remember, it could be any of us in this situation. God bless you all.

This hurts my head and heart. It sounds like you are right in that this is a long term issue so I'll be following to see what people come up with. Things should not be this way for people trying/wanting to do the right things...
I assume all avenues directly with the power company have been explored? http://www.psc.state.ga.us/consumer_corner/cc_advisory/payassist.asp

Back
Top Bottom