• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers needed.

I know detour detour will be a long and post something, but I wanted to say a personal thank you to @JWC, timbgtm timbgtm , @NWSharpshooter, @Big Belly J (and Mrs bbj), @Ruddie, and @jmullinix for coming to the memorial today. If I missed anyone, I apologize and hope you'll let me know. Mr. Charlie would have been proud (and probably go on to us too) for being there to support Holly. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
You said it perfectly. Thank you for coming out to see Charlie off and share good memories with us. It was a long, tiring day for us, but you all gave us strength to get through that day (and the many difficult ones to come).

As much as he would've said he wouldn't want anyone to make a fuss over him, I know Charlie is happy to see what a positive impact he made on so many good people.

I wanted to post one more time to thank all of you for being so caring towards our family. Words can't even describe how awesome I think you all are. This place is the definition of good people. We are doing pretty well. There's a lot to do and we've leaned on several of you personally. I wish I could've chatted with more of you at the service, but obviously I had my wife to look out for first. I'll be more social when I can make it out to a meet.

I can't remember if I mentioned this in a previous post or to any of you in person. This Saturday, I am walking in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. We walk at night carrying lanterns for the people who have, have survived, or have been lost to blood cancers. LLS is a charity Charlie donated to from time to time. If you would like to donate, you can sponsor me here: http://pages.lightthenight.org/ga/Atlanta15/AKintner. No pressure to do so, of course. I'll be walking with a red lantern in Charlie's memory.

I'm also going to match the first $250 of donations that come in. I'm not quite there yet, though. And let's be honest, I'm going to donate that money either way. :) The company I work for will also match my donation, so that's pretty good bang for your buck if you decide to toss a few dollars this way.

Thanks again for being amazing to our family.

Back
Top Bottom