• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

pre-ban question i need some help

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
Ok, so every where I go I see this gun or that gun even mags that all say pre ban mag pre ban AR or AK what does that mean and why do they cost more?

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question but I have tried to Google this for my answer but what I'm finding I don't think is what I'm looking for... Any help its driving me bananas not knowing

Being in Ga. pre/post ban doesn't make any difference. I think that in some states only pre ban wepons/mags can be owned, making the price in those states higher as there is a limited supply.

Pre ban weapons can either he weapons/mags made before the clinton ban in 1994 or a weapon that has once banned features.

Ban featured includs muzzl flash, bayonet lug, folding stock, mags over 10rnds plus some more...

Pre-ban means nothing in 48 states. It really only matters in CT and NY. Anyone selling a pre-ban at a higher price anywhere other than CT or NY are taking advantage of lack of knowledge.

Pre ban - Bush the Elder's Exec Order 1989 = No import of non-sporting purpose weapons
Pre ban - "Have you seen my Willie?" Clinton's '94 Crime Bill = No evil features (mentioned above) on import or domestic "Salt weapons"
Pre ban - Same as above, Klinton's Exec Order banned import of Chi-com pistols and ammunition (not part of the nuclear weapons secrets for campaign contributions deal I reckon)

Real 'mericans caught behind lines (libtard occupied States) want these pre ban weapons, especially those made before 1994 since their States' bans aped the FedGod ban of 1994.

Ironic when you think about it. BANNING the rifles with the evil undy wetting features has caused MORE of them to be brought into the "safer" areas of the country, LOL!

California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York all have some sort of Salt Weapons ban. Even Michigan has some weird laws related to Salt Weapons.

Last edited:
Pre ban for me means pre 1986. The designs of Ar 15's and some AK's are different. It makes it much harder to convert guns manufactured after the 1986 to fully automatic. Also guns after 1986 could never be converted to fully automatic. The Clinton ban laws are mostly cosmetic. Prior to 1986 you could go to a gun show and buy the auto sear and a three position trigger. Preban Colts, Uzi's and HKs are usually worth more.

I wouldn't say never. I think a post McClure-Volkmer Act weapon can be converted if it's to remain a "post May" sample for dealers and/or law enforcement.
A nit pick, I know. But for us common serfs, we have to pay the artificially high prices of a FedGod created limited market. It's for the chillruns' safety though.

Back
Top Bottom