• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price hikes.

My costs are up about 15%. I went up 4% end of Jan. I can’t eat it forever. Giving staff a few extra bucks each pay period for their cost of living increases. It’s bad all around for sure.

Anyone use a discount gas card or program? I’m looking into doing something like this for my staff to help them

It matters F--k all who sits in the Oval office; ALL spending bills originate in the House, get approved in the Senate and are signed by the President. The Prez can PROPOSE spending, but it all starts in Congress.

Which is all backed by the Federal Reserve. You guys know....the dealer for all of the spending addicts in Congress.

It's been interesting the past two years watching the Fed print money by selling Treasuries (which they buy themselves), lending the money to big corps at low interest rates, who then use the money to buy back their own stocks (DOW up to about 34K today from a low of about 18K two years ago) then issuing corporate bonds to repay the loans. CEOs and other officers take the stock option buyouts and retire, leaving others to clean up the mess down the road. Meanwhile, inflation (too much money in the system chasing after too few real goods) mysteriously explodes.

End the FED, return to sound money (and, NO, I have no idea how to pull THAT off), eliminate the income tax.
Funny thing, all of this is in this little document we all love to point to....the US Constitution.

My costs are up about 15%. I went up 4% end of Jan. I can’t eat it forever. Giving staff a few extra bucks each pay period for their cost of living increases. It’s bad all around for sure.

Anyone use a discount gas card or program? I’m looking into doing something like this for my staff to help them

I know that we started allowing our field staff to claim their commuting miles rather than just their customer miles to help. Office staff is allowed to claim the federal rate of their commuting miles as well to help out but I don’t think any of them have done so yet. Not sure how long they are going to do this for, but it doesn’t seem sustainable.

Alternative is people don’t come to work though, and that’s much more expensive right now.

I’m sending my wife down to give you some money this month, and your putting a used car in my mouth next month. I can only let you pull so many teeth though. :becky:

Fleet cards. I don't have any reason to use them but I have a buddy with a courier service. Says it works out to where he doesn't pay for his own gas, I mean his personal use gas. It's something. Maybe someone else on here has experience with them.

P.S. We're all going to eat it forever. It's the proverbial **** sandwich and we're getting more than a bite

Fleet cards. I don't have any reason to use them but I have a buddy with a courier service. Says it works out to where he doesn't pay for his own gas, I mean his personal use gas. It's something. Maybe someone else on here has experience with them.

P.S. We're all going to eat it forever. It's the proverbial **** sandwich and we're getting more than a bite
When I worked at the port there was an employee that drove a flatbed Colorado. He was in charge of jump starts and stranded out of fuel vehicles. I can't tell you how many times I saw him driving the IAP company truck through the employee parking lot ( which he was NOT supposed to do) . One day I looked in the back of his truck and he had half a dozen yellow diesel cans. But none of them had diesel in them. And that that was the ine day I let my wife take the Kia back to her job. Otherwise he woulda been standing there like Cheech in the Next Movie going " Hay man! Somebody ripped off the thing I ripped off!"
Anyway less than a month later they caught his dumb ass in the act. And you would not believe how many dumbasses they caught over the years doing the same fuel stealing scam that had that same job. I guess none of them saw those huge outdated but still functional cameras everywhere.

I BEEN tryin, for sooooo long.
Cooking wings tonight dude. We gotta go to Piedmont before wings are $85 / dozen.
20220304_184534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom