• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price Increases on lead bullets

Grub Master

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
Here is a post on The Highroad forum from Missouri Bullet Mfg. They are not the only ones having price increases. I looked at my price sheets from 2 years ago and lead bullets are 10-20% higher now. Powder and primers are down and metal is up. Am I the only one that bought a boat load of primers two years ago when they were 30-40% more than now? Maybe if I stock up on bullets the metal prices will go down soon?

Heads up on price increases from MBC
"The alloy market is squeezing us so badly that we have to do it. It's nuts. Our last two truckloads (and the next) are between 20% and 32% higher than in the previous year. We just can't absorb the hit any more.

Look for a bump of 10% or so beginning Sunday afternoon. This will still leave us very competitive on pricing, according to my research.

Anyhow, I bring this up because you guys have been so wonderful to us that the least we can do is give you a bit of warning so that if you wanted to make a pre-hike purchase, you have the chance.

Thanks from Brad and the crew at MBC."

Here is the whole post

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=581824

I believe I told you that 100,000 primers was more than enough to have on hand at the time and that as soon as the panic buying passed prices would be going down. That would be where we are now. Production has caught up and prices are dropping to move it. I do have the name somewhere in my cards of a smelter in Atlanta that will be glad to sell lead in the several ton per order range.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom