• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pricing spent brass...

jjrock

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   0
Reaction score
My objective is to trade/sell the spent brass I'm not using. A lot is once fired and a lot is range pick up so I will be listing as range pick up as I cannot make a promise either way. They're not cleaned and I have deprimed a lot of them but am not going to take that into consideration. I was thinking 5-8 cents a case might be a fair price but I'm not sure as our classifieds are all over the place and I've never shopped for them on here.

All that I'm looking to get rid of are:
9MM
40S&W
38SPC
357MAG

Any advise would be appreciated!

Check on Gunbroker and see what it's been sold for. Check the sites that sell it for pricing. Note some sell it nearly for what one can buy new through Starline Brass. If you price it and it doesn't sell in a week or two it's priced too high.

I think you are pricing correctly to sell.

Keep in mind that supply and demand play a large role in pricing ... as evidenced in the "crash" in primer and ammunition prices that we are currently seeing.
So, you are going to have to keep your eye on the pulse of the marketplace ... and respond to buyer resistance by lowering prices, and raising them when you can!

I am careful about using GunBroker.com as a benchmark on pricing for anything UNLESS I already know what CDNN, Bud's, AIM, etc are pricing NIB items.
Don't get me wrong, there are some good buys on GB, but there are few and far between as most postings are by dealers who are quick to take advantage of items that are
in short supply. That's true of firearms and particularly true of accessories! One of my benchmark sites for brass is First Class Brass and Bullets. While (most of) what they sell is "processed"
casings, their prices are very competitive and give one a good feel for what "unprocessed" brass should be priced.

If you are going to be shipping the stuff, I suggest getting on to Stamps.com (USPS) as they will literally give you a postage scale and provide label / postage printing capability as well as discounted
rates. Their offering can be a little confusing (Hey, it's the Government!). So, you may want to call them and find out about their requirement for special priority mailing boxes, etc.

Here's the hyperlink to FCBB: http://www.firstclassbulletsandbrass.com/

Good Luck with your venture ... I love to see more competition available for my hard earned dollars!

Last edited:
Check on Gunbroker and see what it's been sold for. Check the sites that sell it for pricing. Note some sell it nearly for what one can buy new through Starline Brass. If you price it and it doesn't sell in a week or two it's priced too high.

I think you are pricing correctly to sell.

Keep in mind that supply and demand play a large role in pricing ... as evidenced in the "crash" in primer and ammunition prices that we are currently seeing.
So, you are going to have to keep your eye on the pulse of the marketplace ... and respond to buyer resistance by lowering prices, and raising them when you can!

I am careful about using GunBroker.com as a benchmark on pricing for anything UNLESS I already know what CDNN, Bud's, AIM, etc are pricing NIB items.
Don't get me wrong, there are some good buys on GB, but there are few and far between as most postings are by dealers who are quick to take advantage of items that are
in short supply. That's true of firearms and particularly true of accessories! One of my benchmark sites for brass is First Class Brass and Bullets. While (most of) what they sell is "processed"
casings, their prices are very competitive and give one a good feel for what "unprocessed" brass should be priced.

If you are going to be shipping the stuff, I suggest getting on to Stamps.com (USPS) as they will literally give you a postage scale and provide label / postage printing capability as well as discounted
rates. Their offering can be a little confusing (Hey, it's the Government!). So, you may want to call them and find out about their requirement for special priority mailing boxes, etc.

Here's the hyperlink to FCBB: http://www.firstclassbulletsandbrass.com/

Good Luck with your venture ... I love to see more competition available for my hard earned dollars!

thank you both for the great info.

Back
Top Bottom