• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private/Paid Lakes or Ponds

ptelite

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
107   0
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good private membership or pay to fish spots around Paulding, Bartow, Cherokee, or Cobb Counties? I'd really like a place where I could put a kayak in. Don't really have any interest in keeping anything aside from maybe some bluegill so I am fine with c&r. I've been going out to Lake Acworth but really haven't had much luck catching anything bigger than a baby bluegill and a couple of small bass and cats. Found a few spots I may try out towards Rome, but I'm looking for something a little closer. Thanks!

I know you said closer than Rome,but Rocky Mountain PFA is just past Rome and is a lot of fun. We caught some bream last spring that we fileted.

Also, I've fished Acworth in the springtime and did pretty good with the bass. I threw a blue and chartreuse spinner bait in the grass around the edges and have got quite a few 4-8 lb fish.

I'm not a huge fan of Allatoona, but in a little cove just north of the dam, schooling of little hybrids should be about to start up. There's even a ramp there where you could launch your kayak and it's somewhat off the main lake. Throw little spinners when they start boiling shad on the surface and you will likely have a lot of fun.

Anyone know of any good private membership or pay to fish spots around Paulding, Bartow, Cherokee, or Cobb Counties? I'd really like a place where I could put a kayak in. Don't really have any interest in keeping anything aside from maybe some bluegill so I am fine with c&r. I've been going out to Lake Acworth but really haven't had much luck catching anything bigger than a baby bluegill and a couple of small bass and cats. Found a few spots I may try out towards Rome, but I'm looking for something a little closer. Thanks!
Might try dog river reservoir in douglas county. We used to fish there but haven't been in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom