• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

private transactions on grounds of lawful FFL

What used to be Wild West Traders/Hot Shots in Marietta...

I quit going there when they refused to let my then 13YO daughter shoot her .22 pistol in the range. It was right after a boy shot his father in the leg with a pistol...but I felt it wasn't right that they treat everyone as though they were as irresponsible as that. I probably have not been in there more than a few times since...and even then it was because I met GP there and we decided to browse a bit since we were there.

What used to be Wild West Traders/Hot Shots in Marietta...

I quit going there when they refused to let my then 13YO daughter shoot her .22 pistol in the range. It was right after a boy shot his father in the leg with a pistol...but I felt it wasn't right that they treat everyone as though they were as irresponsible as that. I probably have not been in there more than a few times since...and even then it was because I met GP there and we decided to browse a bit since we were there.
ya that is dumb

i have never personally been there, thanks for the heads up!

I thought there USED TO BE some regulation to that effect (purely designed to 'protect' FFL dealers form losing business) but that it was overturned, expired, whatever?
I'd simply ask anyone who INSISTS on that (or anything else odd), that you are more than happy to follow whatever law they can show you the code for.

I thought there USED TO BE some regulation to that effect (purely designed to 'protect' FFL dealers form losing business) but that it was overturned, expired, whatever?
I'd simply ask anyone who INSISTS on that (or anything else odd), that you are more than happy to follow whatever law they can show you the code for.
couldnt the most that happens is they ask you to leave?

id just go across the street lol

couldnt the most that happens is they ask you to leave?

id just go across the street lol
Don't know if there were codified penalites or not (or even if it really was a 'law' or not). But if for whatever reason I just 'had to' meet at a particular FFL and someone told me 'no it's illegal', then they could show me the code or move on. Can't really imagine that scenario but who knows....

I am not aware of anything that says you can't do this. In fact, it's OK with me if you trade at my shop. I understand its a safe meeting place and I'll even log it in and 4473 the gun right back to someone else if that helps. I've done it before.

I even tried to find a law preventing it before i posted just to be sure.

I understand its a safe meeting place and I'll even log it in and 4473 the gun right back to someone else if that helps. I've done it before.
BOS problem solved!!!!!

4.bp.blogspot.com__scIwOCMavtc_TeZt8Ig3GEI_AAAAAAAAAdM_OP57wcKvGCs_s1600_Hallelujah3.lg.jpg

I am not aware of anything that says you can't do this. In fact, it's OK with me if you trade at my shop. I understand its a safe meeting place and I'll even log it in and 4473 the gun right back to someone else if that helps. I've done it before.

I even tried to find a law preventing it before i posted just to be sure.

2 oclock beers today?

Back
Top Bottom