• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

private transactions on grounds of lawful FFL

What used to be Wild West Traders/Hot Shots in Marietta...

I quit going there when they refused to let my then 13YO daughter shoot her .22 pistol in the range. It was right after a boy shot his father in the leg with a pistol...but I felt it wasn't right that they treat everyone as though they were as irresponsible as that. I probably have not been in there more than a few times since...and even then it was because I met GP there and we decided to browse a bit since we were there.

i quit going there there too when they refused to let me shoot my reloads, but was willing to sell me reloads to shoot. Also told me .45 LC was more powerful that .44 mag and that they wouldn't allow them in their range. :wacko:

I believe that the reason Wild West Traders will not allow private sales in the parking lot is because they share the parking lot with Value Pawn Shop, and if I remember correctly all transactions on pawn shop property have to be reported. You can also shoot 45lc or 44 mag there now.

Done many meets at a Police Station, never had an issue, just called my bud inside and he walked out to make sure no one bothered me. Seller and purchasers were never bothered by it either.

Also Ed's Public Safety & Pawn in the parking lot never heard a peep out of several employees I know that work there.

Last edited:
I've sold guns on the range in Covington, and its also a pawn shop. I couldn't answer one of the buyers questions because I wasn't that familiar with the firearm, and we went to ask the owner. He asked me if I was selling it, and if we didn't mind, for how much. Told the buyer he was getting a pretty good deal, and answered all his questions. He didn't seem to mind at all.

i quit going there there too when they refused to let me shoot my reloads, but was willing to sell me reloads to shoot. Also told me .45 LC was more powerful that .44 mag and that they wouldn't allow them in their range. :wacko:

I haven't been to WWT in a few years now I think. They use to be a good place back in the 90s when they were Hot Shots. I am not sure what happened but they really fell off.

I haven't been to WWT in a few years now I think. They use to be a good place back in the 90s when they were Hot Shots. I am not sure what happened but they really fell off.
They were sued by Bloomberg, caved in and changed their name. Whenever the business has a name change, their record with the ATF starts fresh.

From then on they started having a bunch of BS rules and went downhill.

Back
Top Bottom