Problem With A Buyer

I would call and do "The Concerned friend" thing.

"Hey man, I was calling to make sure you are alright, did you stop for something to eat? Yeah don't go to _____ their food is horrible. OK I just wanted to make sure you didn't get lost or somethin."

I can see where I let this happen. I posted my phone number and requested text on my ad.
I ll know better! Also I ve through this sight had two other gents out to test fire and purchase, Those transactions went great.
I ve missed my Dr. apt so its for the best if this buyer doesn't show up this evening.
I was raised old school, Make a deal and make it happen or at the very least don't be rude when invited to someones home especially after you've haggled.

I had someone contact me through this site to buy a rifle from me. We haggled on price and eventually struck a deal. He agreed to drive to meet me. He texted me at 1:15 saying he was an hour and a half away and there has been radio silence ever since. I've sent him multiple texts trying to rouse him with no success. It is now 4:00 with no contact.

I was ready to make a deal and even gave him my home address to let him test fire it. However, I would rather keep the rifle than sit and wait on my porch all day.

I guess I'm just fired up because how can you haggle and talk turkey and then just drop off the board like that?

Has anyone else had this issue? Would I be wrong to be an ass to him at this point and raise the price?
:confused:

I had something like this happen this past weekend a guy and I made an agreement on a trade set up a time and I called him and he said he a had calf he was trying to deliver on Saturday. So he said come Sunday so I called Saturday evening to say I'd be out there Sunday morning around 10am and he said oh I just sold the gun. Some folks don't understand the meaning of their word. You know you live and learn. Put it back up and hopefully someone that is a man of their word will make a deal with you. Best of luck man.
Bacon

Plus now you've got some unknown person with your home address and some knowledge of your firearm collection (which may or may not be a concern for you).

Personally I would open up that listing again and remove the phone number as it'll still show up if other's check your other listings as well as feed the Google bot.

You'll know better next time though, good luck with your sale(s)
Agreed

While it is possible that he has a valid reason for now showing up, there is generally no excuse for not being able to contact you, unless he's in the hospital somewhere or in jail. But in any case, I'd just write it off and repost. It happens.

I had someone contact me through this site to buy a rifle from me. We haggled on price and eventually struck a deal. He agreed to drive to meet me. He texted me at 1:15 saying he was an hour and a half away and there has been radio silence ever since. I've sent him multiple texts trying to rouse him with no success. It is now 4:00 with no contact.

I was ready to make a deal and even gave him my home address to let him test fire it. However, I would rather keep the rifle than sit and wait on my porch all day.

I guess I'm just fired up because how can you haggle and talk turkey and then just drop off the board like that?

Has anyone else had this issue? Would I be wrong to be an ass to him at this point and raise the price?
:confused:

did you try calling him and talking to him, some folks don't accept texts from other parties or disabled them

Back
Top Bottom