• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: .45ACP Boltgun

It's been awhile and the rifle has been stuck at Dobbs Defense in something approximating limbo. The problem is, to be brief, the kit from Rhineland has issues. For one, the ejector broke....and by "broke," I mean snapped into two pieces. As I remarked earlier, the finish on it sucked, well - it just sucked on general. As you can see below the boys at Dobbs Defense beefed it up and now it as solid as a rock - way more so than before.

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_45_20Bolt_20Gun_IMG_20140620_195301658_zps5cxystps.jpg

Brian and I went back and forth on the bolt handle design. He would suggest something, I would counter and ultimately he made sure I was happy. I will say this, Brian hates boring - so if you've got a gonzo idea, he'll make it happen. I think my boring aesthetic may have hampered his evil genius but what impressed me the most through this process was always his desire to make sure I got what I wanted.

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_45_20Bolt_20Gun_IMG_20140620_194928045_zps8ejjaaqx.jpg

It's still in the white and we have to figure out a sighting arrangement (as I have officially decided to ditch the top cover) but I'm going to take it out this week and run a few hundred rounds through it and flip unction test it.

I can't say enough how pleased I am to this point and I look forward to wrapping it up! Thanks, Dobbs Defense!

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_45_20Bolt_20Gun_IMG_20140620_195136519_zpssrfyl58e.jpg

It's still in the white and we have to figure out a sighting arrangement (as I have officially decided to ditch the top cover) but I'm going to take it out this week and run a few hundred rounds through it and flip unction test it.

I can't say enough how pleased I am to this point and I look forward to wrapping it up! Thanks, Dobbs Defense!

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_45_20Bolt_20Gun_IMG_20140620_195136519_zpssrfyl58e.jpg

Shaping up nicely. Glad you decided to ditch the top cover.

That long action looks "funny" knowing it's throwing a .45acp.

You gonna drill/tap for a mount or what are you thinking about for an optic?

Oh, and diggin' on the bolt handle...

:thumb:

Brian and I went back and forth on the bolt handle design. He would suggest something, I would counter and ultimately he made sure I was happy. I will say this, Brian hates boring - so if you've got a gonzo idea, he'll make it happen. I think my boring aesthetic may have hampered his evil genius but what impressed me the most through this process was always his desire to make sure I got what I wanted.

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_45_20Bolt_20Gun_IMG_20140620_194928045_zps8ejjaaqx.jpg

I'm glad you are happy man. It's been a learning experience and I guess we'll just do it the way "you" want it done from here on. Test it before we coat it. Shoot it good and hard and make sure it's solid so we can finish it up. It is coming together nicely though.

I'm glad you are happy man. It's been a learning experience and I guess we'll just do it the way "you" want it done from here on. Test it before we coat it. Shoot it good and hard and make sure it's solid so we can finish it up. It is coming together nicely though.

:yo:

Back
Top Bottom