• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project Appleseed Thread

We host them at the club in Macon at least three weekends per year. Come down.
I’ll keep it in mind for sure. Heck, it would be worth the trip just to shake your hand for all the laughs you’ve given me on ODT.

Next one is October. We have youth sizes rifles and ammo for her if needed.
She’s 14 so she can handle a full size rifle no problem. Sounds like a good excuse to buy her a nice 10/22

:thumb:

I’ll keep it in mind for sure. Heck, it would be worth the trip just to shake your hand for all the laughs you’ve given me on ODT.

She’s 14 so she can handle a full size rifle no problem. Sounds like a good excuse to buy her a nice 10/22

:thumb:

We'll loan her one of those too. My 12 year olds prone shooting in the June Appleseed. You'll both improve, guaranteed.

Attachments

• IMG_20180609_214634.jpg
    IMG_20180609_214634.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 21
We'll loan her one of those too. My 12 year olds prone shooting in the June Appleseed. You'll both improve, guaranteed.
Nice shooting!

I imagine I might actually have a tougher time than my daughter because I’ve been shooting for years and probably have some bad habits that would have to be unlearned.

She has done some shooting with me and has had the basics of safety drilled into her head from day-one, but she hasn’t been to the range with me in over a year because I leave out at 6am on the weekends to shoot and she doesn’t want to get up that early. LOL

I posted a range review here of a Savage A22 several months ago with ammo sensitive results. Over the course of shooting it a few hundred rounds and cleaning from the breech, it actually tightened up. I would highly recommend one to any adult looking to mount an optic. It feels and shoots like an adult rifle, yet is very accurate with CCI standard velocity ammo from the box.

After bringing my 10yr old daughter to several shoots where I was instructing, she has taken to it and now shoots and volunteers regularly. One of the things that makes Appleseed different is we have no age, skill or equipment requirements. Come as you are, shoot what you have. All we do suggest is that you bring a teachable attitude and about 300 rounds.

E2DE9A16-0BCD-49D2-B216-00AF60C2C73F.jpeg

Nice shooting!

I imagine I might actually have a tougher time than my daughter because I’ve been shooting for years and probably have some bad habits that would have to be unlearned.

She has done some shooting with me and has had the basics of safety drilled into her head from day-one, but she hasn’t been to the range with me in over a year because I leave out at 6am on the weekends to shoot and she doesn’t want to get up that early. LOL

That's why it takes most people 3 classes to shoot expert, me included.

Class 1- I can do this, this ain't hard
Class 2, after being shown youre not as good as you think you are- I'm listening this time and doing as I'm told.
Class 3, assuming you've practiced a time or two- Expert, and you knew showing up it would happen, collect patch.

This was me and most that take it seriously. You can easily cut that by avoiding the attitude I brought to the first class.

That's why it takes most people 3 classes to shoot expert, me included.

Class 1- I can do this, this ain't hard
Class 2, after being shown youre not as good as you think you are- I'm listening this time and doing as I'm told.
Class 3, assuming you've practiced a time or two- Expert, and you knew showing up it would happen, collect patch.

This was me and most that take it seriously. You can easily cut that by avoiding the attitude I brought to the first class.

Humble pie is served at all Appleseed events.

3 tries for me at 25yds as well.
0/1 at known distance but was close (38)

I picked up an Appleseed voucher on sale last year and I need to get signed up, thanks for the reminder!

Time to put some tech sights on my 10/22 I guess.

Back
Top Bottom