• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project Appleseed Thread

6Bones

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
Non-vigilante Architect
271   0
Reaction score
freedom freedom and I spent last weekend in Talladega, Alabama at the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) Range attending a “known distance” (KD) clinic hosted by Project Appleseed.

For those familiar with the Appleseed program, the typical course of fire is at 25yards simulating 100yd to 400yd shots by varying the size of the target silhouettes. For this event, the course of fire was at the true (known) distances including up to 600yds.

One of the highlights of the weekend was a visit by Glendale “Don” Rutherford, National Match record holder in Vintage Sniper Rifle Marksmanship and a grand master instructor. He enlightened with his knowledge of wind and it’s effect on ballistics and told the class that Project Appleseed may be the best training program for rifle marksmanship in the country based on its format (which is open to people of all ages) and the quality of the content.

If you want to learn how to shoot your rifle more effectively or become a better rifleman, checkout the website below and sign up for an event near you.

www.appleseedinfo.org

If you have questions, post them here.

In Liberty,
6Bones

306D4220-6873-462A-A691-3F275471C9ED.jpeg
Can’t beat the level of instruction, passion, and value received at appleseed.

I shot one years ago.. it was excellent. I won a TShirt for the highest score of the day.

I've printed off the target on regular paper and practice on it occasionally. A fun way to keep proficient. Also have realized that my eyes are getting worse as I get older. Those iron sights are getting tougher and tougher to use...

It was a great weekend. Instruction was excellent as always.

At 25m, Appleseed focuses on the fundamentals; steady hold factors, natural point of aim, and the six steps to firing the shot. If you are good on those, you owe it to yourself to take a class with us at the best range in the southeast. The man leading the efforts in Talladega is also a ranked high power shooter, knows his stuff and regularly proves it in competition.

KDs focus mainly in ballistics, external forces direction, ranging using a front sight it scope reticle, there ins and outs of moa and mil and the importance of knowing your equipment and keeping good data.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1531933987288.jpg
    FB_IMG_1531933987288.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20180715_101315.jpg
    IMG_20180715_101315.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 34
  • FB_IMG_1531509642527.jpg
    FB_IMG_1531509642527.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 35
The instruction was first rate as well as the group attending this weekend. It was my first KD clinic, and there was a LOT of information to digest. It would take years to assemble a group with such knowledge and put them in one place (which is exactly what Appleseed has done). 55 grain .556 in a 16 inch barrel will stay on a 4 moa at 600 yards, if you can manage the wind! If you attend an Appleseed, and apply the instruction, the results will be astonishingly effective.

That being said, my favorite part of Appleseed is the sharing of American History, and being reminded that liberty is our hard earned heritage. I am a Constutionalist, and to be around so many others who love liberty is a refreshing experience. Come out and learn with us. You will leave more patriotic, and better with you rifle.

Back
Top Bottom