Project: hunter/skinnerskinner. Never thrown so many tools.

synspeed

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Had a guy at work request one, so I gave it a whirl. 440c stainless, flat grind, skinning notch cut utilizing a combination of cussing, throwing files out of the garage, and something akin to selling my soul.
20151220_135554.jpg

20151220_135542.jpg

20151220_135630.jpg

20151220_135535.jpg

Nice. That looks like fun (sarcasm) and glad to know I'm not the only one that doesn't have it all happen magically and easily!
Hell no. Everytime I try something new I waste some steel and lose some tools/blood/skin. A 36g belt running a gazillion f.p.m. really adds some character to your knuckles when you glance away to see that your wife is 10 minutes late with the 6th beer and she didn't even....I'm babbling. Always worth the effort though. :)

Last edited:
I seem to do that even when it's something I've done several times before. I got a love tap from a 36 grit last night as well, just a nick as a friendly reminder not to touch. Kind of like a porcupine, some things really want you to keep your hands off of them. :D

I seem to do that even when it's something I've done several times before. I got a love tap from a 36 grit last night as well, just a nick as a friendly reminder not to touch. Kind of like a porcupine, some things really want you to keep your hands off of them. :D

Yeah got my thumb pulled down between the tool rest and the running 120grit belt last week working on the tip. Just sucked it down. Really glad I didn't have my gloves on.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom