• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PSA 1911 Coming

Sweet! I'm pretty sure you'll like it. Looks like mine before I added a bunch of upgraded parts. I started with just wanting to rid it of the ambi safety. Eventually decided to make a Sign Nightmare Carry clone without the external extractor the Sig has.

View attachment 6258916View attachment 6258917
That was the first thing that crossed my mine. I spent an hour yesterday looking for a complete set.

I was actually quite impressed with the 565 dollar AR-10 I got from PSA. Fit and finish was great and assembly was just fine. I must have got a lemon ( one not done like they usually are ). 🤣 It was actually fairly accurate for the cost. I would say well inside 1.5 inches with open sites @ 50 yards. Not MOA but 1.5 inch spread. That was with cheap Walmart Federal ammo. I had Federal Gold Medal Match but I only sent 8 round down range because the recoil was so rude I stopped at 8 rounds. I did a re-barrel with a BA Hanson 18 inch Nitride coated Stainless barrel. It performs excellently. I am going to swap out the receivers just to have something to do and make it a better gun all the way around.

Now with that being said I wouldn't be comfortable ordering a 1911 from them. If I can't put hands on a low buck 1911 it's a no go. If it has a real good slide to frame fit I can work with that. It doesn't cost a whole lot to replace all the critical parts with good WC replacement parts and have a nice shooting 1911. However a hands on inspection is a critical factor in that process. Somebody in a post mentioned 750 dollars. That is just too much when a Bul Armory is just a hair over $150 more and they are nice and I mean real nice handguns. You couldn't slide a clam hair between the frame and slide on that gun. I looked at one when I was checking out the Tisas 1911's the other day. The Tisas was a good buy in that price point and that's a fact. However, I would have to do a complete overhaul with WC parts before I would be comfortable calling it a SD weapon. I think a Tisas redo will be my next 1911 project. I haven't handled enough of them to say that about the brand as a whole but the one I looked at was a keeper if would have been a buyer on that visit.

Back
Top Bottom